As a former teacher and professional school counselor, Julia writes practical, easy to use stories that not only make a positive difference, but are fun to read. Invite her to your school to learn how to use her books in the classroom effectively through student involvement and interaction. Understand the power and lasting benefits of children’s literature to teach great people skills — and walk away with ideas you can immediately put to use!
Julia is an accomplished motivational speaker who offers rewarding keynote presentations and conference events on a variety of topics, including:
- professional staff development
- relationship building in the workplace
- maintaining hope in difficult times
Keynotes & Conferences
Julia Cook has become one of America’s most recognized authors of social-emotional storybooks for children. Her books have become staples in schools and homes, as they continue to thrill young students.
In her workshops and keynotes, Julia draws upon her rich experience as a practicing school counselor, as well as her presentations in thousands of schools across the country.
“…absolutely wonderful and motivating.”
“…one of the most delightful and insightful presenters we have had in a while.”
“…entertaining and engaged the audience.”
…an amazing children’s author and speaker. Thanks for bringing her to us!”
Big Area – (i.e. Gym Auditorium etc.)
- Grades – K-2: 50-55 min presentation early AM
5-10 min break (transition)
- Grades – 3-6 : one hour presentation later AM
- Lunch Break
Smaller Area – (i.e. Library)
- 30-45 minute writing strategies session and Q&A with two grade levels at a time. (Limit three)
K-1 students don’t usually do PM section, but it depends on the school.
Half Day Visit Schedule Options:
- Grades K-2: 45-50 minute presentation
5-10 minute break (transition)
- Grades 3-5: one hour presentation
- All grades presentation (K-5): one hour
5-10 break (K-2 go back to class; Grades 3-5 take a stretch break but stay in area)
- Grades 3-5 – writing strategies development session and Q&A for 45 min
Julia is also available for: